Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Coffee was gross but God provided 10.



This is the picture we posted all over Salamanca to invite students to our Bible study that we held tonight. I was extremely nervous because we posted the flyer at our school and then in two hours someone had taken it down. However, with God in all his providence brought two girls who happend to see the flyer within that time frame and they came (cold turkey) to the group. In total we had 10 people...5 Americans, 1 Brazilian, 1 Dutch girl, and 3 Spaniards. God is amazing, Pablo one of the guys we have been praying for was one of the Spaniards, the other two have become believers through the ministry here on campus.

We went through Ecclesiastes 1 and 2 and it was good. I went way too long (to no suprise of many of you) but they students were very polite and many stayed after to chat and talk more. Many of them said that they would return next Wednesday. The only problem...aside from me going a little long with the game...was that I burned the coffee...it was absolutley gross. Our Dutch girl, Christa, took one sip, got out of her chair and sat it back on the bar.

It seems that Solomon's thought in Ecclesiastes is just the wisdom that many Spaniards need to hear. He is saying that although, wisdom, pleasure, and toil are good for life, they must not be the only desire in life. The students understood clearly that they have a much deeper need in their lives that travel, sex, parties and other stuff will not fill. We were so pleased with what God allowed us to be a part of tonight.

For next week I need to work on my ice-breakers, I've been working with students so long I feel a little out of touch with people my own age. But tonight was a good for me to learn from and next week I think things will go off a little smoother.

Please pray for Pablo and Christa---they are the two who have never made a decision for Christ. What I saw in both of them tonight was a deep understanding that there is more in life that they don't have. Pray for their salvation, pray that God would reveal himself to them in a powerful way.

Please also pray for Margaret and the Baby. She is doing wonderfully and looking beautiful but we certainly would love your prayers.

3 comments:

Eva Andujo Flores said...

Wow! Looks like your fishing trip is off to a great start! Love the poster-A+ to your PR/Ad people. Oh, and that arm looks very familiar...Bird? I'm praying for you guys and the baby, but I know you are going to be just fine:)

Cam and Jen said...

Great Poster! Who thought of that?! So glad it went well. We continue to pray for you- will pray for the coffee too.

Anonymous said...

Prayers are a given! So psyched to hear all (but the coffee, lol) went well!
Deb